0

Rabindranath Tagore

Posted by Ennosuke Ajibana on Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the sleepyness or maybe it's just me.

"In the world's audience hall, the simple blade of grass sits on the same carpet with the sunbeams, and the stars of midnight."

"I am restless. I am athirst for faraway things. My soul goes out in a longing to touch the skirt of the dim distance. O Great Beyond, O the keen call of thy flute! I forget, I ever forget, that I have no wings to fly, that I am bound in this spot evermore."

"In our desire for eternal life we pray for an eternity of our habit and comfort, forgetting that immortality is in repeatedly transcending the definite forms of life in order to pursue the infinite truth of life."

"
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength. Let me not crave in anxious fear to be saved but hope for the patience to win my freedom. Grant me that I may not be a coward, feeling your mercy in my success alone; But let me find the grasp of your hand in my failure."

* No youtube video for today


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 ~/blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.